Pages

23 January 2006

Things That Make My Head Ache

So I was just browsing thru Drudge and I came across this piece from the Christian Science Monitor by Patrick Chisholm (that's his e-mail eel free to use it)

With such balanced opinion as:

Time is on the side of the left. As politically difficult as it is now to reform of Social Security or Medicare, as the years pass it will get even more difficult. The swelling number of retirees will further strengthen the senior lobby. And as Social Security's surplus evaporates, there will be less money available with which to establish personal savings accounts.

The prescription drug benefit was another victory for the redistributionists. While it is true that the left wants even more spent on that program, Republican efforts have netted an additional $1.2 trillion being redistributed over the next 10 years.

Don't you just love that fact that this guy sees redistribution of wealth to be a good thing.
This is the same bunch of people who told us for years that welfare had to continue on for generations because... well just because. It is the mindset of the "I got mine and I want some more of yours" crowd that gives us this kind of claptrap from fishwraps and their underused websites.

Now one more thing about the CSM, I'm sad that their reporter Jill Carroll is being held by Islamists in Iraq, but I am not so sure she'd in danger.
The images we have of her and her kidnappers are disturbing on a whole different level. Nowhere in the images that we have is a weapon aimed at this woman, they appear to be protecting her not threatening her. Now I know I'm going to piss some people off if they read this, especially if she is killed by these animals, but it just smells to me like the week old stuff that would be wrapped in this paper..

No comments: